Do sugar taxes work?
- Sugar tax a bitter ideaOpinion: It is time that public health activists admitted they got this one wrong and left us alone.
- ‘Sugar tax made me quit’A US city the size of Tauranga voted overwhelmingly for a tax on fizzy drinks. It's there to stay.
- Sugar tax ‘not about obesity’The same man who believes sugar is killing us says taxes won’t solve our obesity crisis because, “it’s about diabetes”.
- Are diet drinks any better?Mounting evidence suggests artificially-sweetened drinks are worse for your health than the regular varieties.
- Sugar’s ‘black market’An American city introduced a tax on sugar. A black market in soft drinks followed.
- Bitter side of sugar taxIt's blamed for job losses and hardship in the US city where it was applied a year ago.
Why sugary drinks?
- The sugar fixA sugar tax would raise money in revenue, but would it actually make us any healthier?
- Coke: what’s really in it?Boil up some alcohol, citric acid and caffeine pills and you too can make your own cola.
- Sugar: not their futureHow two decile 1 schools, in the centre of two fast food meccas, quit sugar and never looked back.
- Home sweet, sweet homeEven before our founding documents were signed, sugary drinks were arriving in early NZ.
- We must break up with sugarOpinion: We need to used the same divorce strategy for sugar that we used for tobacco, Dr Simon Thornley writes.
Where does the money from a sugar tax go?
Need a cool-off? Enjoy this refresher.